We are on an exciting journey building a digital environment for the Knauf Group that is as groundbreaking as our products for the construction industry. If you are looking for a global impact that is shaped by values such as entrepreneurship, commitment, partnership and Menschlichkeit, the position of Senior UX-Designer -Construction Software Solutions (m/f/d) could be the ideal challenge for you.
What you'll do
- Conduct user research to understand behaviors, preferences, and pain points and translate user needs into effective user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Collaborate with product owners, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure a seamless user experience across different platforms and participation in design reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers.
- Continuously iterate on designs based on feedback, usability testing, and user data and drive improvements to enhance the overall user experience.
- You will lead and manage overall UX/UI initiatives with a team of UX Designers ensuring overarching platform success
- Collaborate with other chapter leads and cross-functional teams to facilitate effective communication and synergy and implement best practices, processes, & methodologies.
- Act as UX-responsible for the management and an escalation point for challenges, conflicts, and critical issues within the design chapter
Who you are
- You are passionate about creating digital solutions for construction industry
- You have bachelor's degree in a relevant field; Master's degree or certifications are a plus, and have proven experience as a UX Designer or comparable role.
- You have proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, etc.
- Solid grasp of user-centered design principles, interaction design, and information architecture and experience with user research, usability testing, and data analysis.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills for effective teamwork with good level of English language (German or other languages are a plus)
- Enthusiasm for staying current with design trends, tools, and technologies
We all shape our lives in our own way. As an employer, we are an important part that indirectly supports this with a wide range of offers, as well as providing security and reliability for all employees. This includes, among other things:
Security: Permanent employment contract in a stable, successful family owned business
Flexibility: 40 working hours per week, 30 days of vacation, special leave for certain occasions, a wide time window for flexible working and weekly home office days
Fitness and health: Offers of active health promotion, company doctor, occupational health and safety, etc.
Feel Welcome: Welcome days and individual onboarding, company and team events
Personal career and career development: Individual support for extra-occupational studies, further education and training courses
Benefits and vouchers: Employee vouchers and discounts with well-known brands as well as discounted employee purchasing
Relocation Support: Support in the event of a change of location
Inspiring work environment: Our brand new office offers you an environment that fosters creativity and productivity. We love coming together as a team here!
If you are looking for a variety of challenging tasks with global reach and family atmosphere, then you are most welcome at Knauf Digital!
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 41,500 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 15,4 billion euros. The foundation of our success as family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment and entrepreneurial spirit. As a subsidiary, Knauf Digital GmbH has the mandate to drive commercial excellence through digitalization for all companies of the Knauf Group globally. Our mission is to rethink what it means to provide value to our customers and thereby drive growth for our businesses around the world.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, origin, religion, etc.