Lead Backend Developer (m/f/d)
As a Lead Backend Developer, you will be responsible for our customer interaction solutions by actively providing large scale, highly available Java applications using Azure Cloud technologies. You will work with a cross-functional team and be responsible for the backend solutions based on Java together with other developers and the solution architect.
What you'll do
- You coordinate the development of backend features and components, according to the design and provide less experienced developers with feedback and suggest trade-offs when required
- You implement the technical solutions and architecture for the backend platform
- You write clean, maintainable and efficient code in both Java/JVM and Node/TypeScript
- You coach your fellow developers, introduce best practice and build an engineering culture
- You appreciate clean and well tested code
- You work closely with frontend developers to understand the need of required systems APIs
- You review code, highlighting improvements and collaborating in the team
- You stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
Who you are
- You are passionate about building architectures with best practices in mind
- You are familiar with technologies like Java, Node, Typescript
- You have experience with coding systems and designing the architecture of web solutions
- You see great potential in DevOps and Cloud and feel comfortable integrating them in your team’s workflow
- You understand modern architectural concepts like API structures, authentication, microservices and containerization
- You are familiar with RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- You have experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred)
- You have experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB
What we offer
- An open, dynamic corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Independent work with creative freedom
- A wide time window for flexible working, including weekly home office days
- Continuous individual training and further education
- A brand new, modern office in Munich
- Relocation support
If you are looking for a variety of challenging tasks with global reach and family atmosphere, then you are most welcome at Knauf Digital!
Knauf as an employer
Knauf is an international market leader in the building materials' industry. About 40,000 employees at over 300 locations worldwide generate a turnover of over 12.6 billion euros. The foundation of our success as a family business are our corporate values of humanity, partnership, commitment, and entrepreneurial spirit. As a subsidiary, Knauf Digital GmbH has the mandate to drive commercial excellence through digitalization for all companies of the Knauf Group globally. Our mission is to rethink what it means to provide value to our customers and thereby drive growth for our businesses around the world.
The Knauf Group is a proud equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment and therefore base all our employment selection decisions, within all aspects of our business, on experience, skill, and integrity. We strongly encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply for our positions, irrespective of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, origin, religion, etc.
- Customer Software & Technology
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Knauf Digital
Workplace & Culture
(Click below to explore more)
About Knauf Digital
As a subsidiary, Knauf Digital GmbH has the mandate to drive commercial excellence through digitalization for all companies of the Knauf Group globally. Our mission is to rethink what it means to provide value to our customers and thereby drive growth for our businesses around the world. We focus on reinventing marketing, sales and service processes and integrate these processes with custom-made software and digital interaction solutions that we build for our customers along the entire construction value chain.
Lead Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Loading application form